Warranty for One Sided Mattress purchases with FlameGuard (Post 2003)
At Sealy, we make the mattress that makes you more comfortable, and that includes replacing or repairing any sleep set that fails to live up to our high standards for quality materials and workmanship. Please take a few minutes to read over the warranty guidelines below.
* This warranty is for mattresses purchased after June 2003
Length of Warranty: back to top
Your warranty protects you from the day you purchase your sleep set and continues according to the “Warranty Schedule” found on this card. In the event that we repair or replace your sleep set, this warranty continues your protection from the original date of purchase.
Warranty Coverage: back to top
This warranty covers the following items during normal wear:
- Torn handles, stitches pulled out of the handle where it’s sewn to the mattress, and tears in the mattress fabric where the handles are attached.
- Coils or wires that are loose, broken, ripped or protrude through the fabric.
- Body indentions of an inch and a half (1.5” inches). Click here to find out how to accurately measure an indention.
- Unnatural sagging: Your warranty covers mattresses that are continuously supported by a matching box spring, or equivalent, with an appropriate frame. The frame has to include a rigid center support with at least 5 legs, or a rigid center support with at least 5 hardwood cross slats for queen and king sets.
- Splits in the box spring’s wood frame.
- Squeaks, rattles or other noises.
- Bent, loose or defective beams and/or box spring center support rail.
- Compression of modules.
- Un-stapling of modules.
- Un-stapling of modules
- Unnatural sagging: A proper bed frame must continuously support the box spring. For king and queen sets, a rigid center support having at least 5 legs or a rigid center support having at least 5 hardwood cross slats is necessary. A rigid center support is as crucial as the four standard legs (one at each corner) for ensuring your sleep set has the proper balance and support necessary.
Examples of proper bed frames for queen- and king-size bedding:
What’s NOT Covered:
- Structural damage from using an improper bed frame (example: Less than five legs for a queen set).
- Floor models and clearance bedding sold “as-is.”
- Comfort preference after you sleep on the bed (example: This bed is too soft.)
- Mattress damage due to an inappropriate box spring. Our mattresses are designed for full performance when used in conjunction with a matching box spring as part of a total sleep set.
- Replacement of another piece in the sleep set, unless that piece is defective too.
- Mattress, box spring and fabric damage due to abuse. This warranty does not cover product failure that is caused by anything other than defective workmanship or materials (example: Your movers sawed the bedding in half to get it upstairs).
- Transportation costs of the product to and from the store or factory, as applicable.
We make every effort to ensure we manufacture our sleep sets using the finest materials available. If, however, you have discovered a defect in your Sealy Inc. mattress or box spring, we want to make it right. Please start your claim process here.
Flame Resistance: Your new bed set is engineered as a system so that it is more resistant to open flames. Sealy WILL NOT warrant your bed set, and your bed set’s open flame resistance may be seriously impaired, if any of the following occurs:
- A non-matching mattress and foundation are used together. The mattress and foundation are engineered and built as a systemized set to withstand rigorous flame tests. Using a non-matching foundation and mattress together voids all terms of this warranty and seriously jeopardizes the open flame resistance of the bed set.
- The outer cover of the mattress or foundation is damaged, torn or punctured.
- The handles of the mattress are torn from the side of the mattress from abuse. Tears in the mattress fabric will impair the flame resistance of your mattress. If the handles pull out from the mattress fabric as a result of a manufacturing defect, and not abuse. Sealy will warranty their defect according to the conditions stated in the limited warranty found on this card.
- The bed set has been misused or abused.
- The bed set has been treated with an unapproved stain repellant or similar post purchase application.
- Beds and many other furnishings in a bedroom or a house are still flammable and can burn rapidly and emit smoke and hazardous gases. It is important to keep open flames or any incendiary or extreme heat generative devices (such as halogen lamps, candles, space heaters, frayed electrical cords, etc.) away from your bed set and our of reach of children. Do not smoke in bed.
Your new Sealy Mattress has one sleeping surface. This means you will never have to flip the mattress. This mattress has Stay True™ upholstery padding which increases its longevity and support performance. Body indentations can be a normal occurrence in your new mattress, and indicate that the upholstery layers are conforming to your body’s individual contours. Do not attempt to sleep on the box spring or the non-sleep surface of the mattress as they are not made for that purpose.
If a Warranty Problem Occurs... back to top
We make every effort to be sure we manufacture our sleep sets with the finest materials available. If, however, you do discover a defect in your new Sealy mattress box spring, simply contact the retail store where you purchased your sleep set. If you can’t reach the store, or if you’ve moved, all you need do is write directly to us at: Sealy Inc., Customer Support Dept., One Office Parkway, Trinity, NC 27370 or call 1-800-MY-SEALY(697-3259).
If a defect occurs during the warranty period (which is described in the Warranty Schedule), Sealy will repair or replace (at our option) the defective mattress and/or box spring within a reasonable period of time.
In order for this limited warranty to be valid, you must:
- Be the original consumer purchaser, and have purchased the sleep set from one of our authorized dealers in the United States or Puerto Rico;
- Provide a copy of the original store receipt, or other proof of date, place of purchase and purchase price; and
- Provide the law label from the defective product.
If identical materials are not available at the time of product service, Sealy reserves the right to substitute material of equal or higher value, or, at our option, provide a refund. You’ll be responsible for transportation costs of the product to and from the store or factory, as applicable.
Your warranty does not cover products found to be in an unsanitary condition, or when the product failure is due to causes other than defective workmanship or materials. Please refer to the “Do’s & Don’ts of Bedding Care” section of this brochure for proper sleep set care.
Exclusive Remedy/Other Limitations:
ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES ON THIS PRODUCT, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL NOT EXCEED IN DURATION THE TERM OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, WHICH BEGINS WITH THE DATE OF PURCHASE BY THE CONSUMER. THE SERVICE TERMS STATED IN THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE THE CONSUMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IN THE EVENT OF PRODUCT FAILURE DURING THE WARRANTY PERIOD. SEALY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT OR THE INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT, OR FOR THE BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY. Sealy does not warrant that this product is suitable for any person’s medical condition. Sealy makes no warranty beyond what is contained in writing.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so this limitation may not apply to you. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. Sealy does not authorize any person to create for it any other obligation or liability in connection with this warranty.
Do's and Dont's of Bedding Care: back to top
- Do give your new sleep set time to “air” upon removal from its plastic packaging. Dispose of all plastic packaging as soon as possible.
- Do carry your mattress flat on its side. It’s easier to handle and you’ll be less likely to damage the mattress.
- Do keep your bedding clean. We suggest using a mattress pad, especially if children use the bed.
- Do replace the old box spring when purchasing a new mattress. An old box spring may not provide sufficient support. It may appear that your new mattress is sagging when it is really the box spring, which supports the entire mattress.
- Do use an appropriate frame and center support for queen- and king-size sets. Using the right support frame will ensure that your warranty remains in effect.
- Do keep your retail receipt in a safe place.
- Don't let anyone stand or jump on your mattress. It was not built for that kind of weight concentration or abuse.
- Don't allow your mattress to get wet, because some of the upholstery materials may compress. Protect it from water or other liquids.
- Don't place a board between your mattress and box spring. Your sleep set is designed specifically to provide you with proper support, and the box spring plays an important role.
- Don't bend your mattress more than 20°. Such treatment may damage the innerspring unit. Flex rather than bend the mattress when going through doorways.
- Don't remove the law tag label at the end of your mattress. This serves as a means of identification to establish your warranty rights.
- Don't use dry-cleaning fluid of any type on your mattress. These chemicals will damage some of the construction materials.
Warranty Information: back to top
It’s easy to determine the length of your warranty and its terms. Simply match the Warranty Code from your mattress law tag label (see sample below) with the same code on this warranty schedule.